Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Meditation for May 6th


May 6th is Nurse's Day and today's meditation is offered to the glory of God and in honor of the men and women of this profession.

Proverbs 16:23-25 (New International Version)
"A wise man's heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction. Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

1 Corinthians 12:27-29 (New International Version)
"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?"

A Nurse's Prayer
Give me strength and wisdom,
When others need my touch;
A soothing word to speak to them,
Their hearts yearn for so much.
Give me joy and laughter,
To lift a weary soul;
Pour in me compassion,
To make the broken whole.
Give me gentle, healing hands,
For those left in my care;
A blessing to those who need me,
This is a Nurse's prayer.

Copyright © 1995 Allison Chambers Coxsey, RN

No comments: