Sunday, May 17, 2009

Meditation for May 17th


Acts 10:44-48 (New King James Version)
"While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. Then Peter answered, “Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days."

A GRADUATE’S PRAYER:
Dear Lord, as I look toward the future bright hope conducts this prayer, for I know the plans You have for me were wrought with divine care. Holy Spirit, lead me. Let me run at Your command, yet be still and know that You are God when trouble's close at hand. Your Word will be a lamp for me, a guide to light my way, a solid place to set my feet, a compass when I stray.

May I live my life to praise You, not for fortune, nor for fame, may everything I say and do bring glory to Your name. May my eyes stay fixed upon You as I seek the way that's pure, tasting Your love and goodness sleeping and rising secure. Planted by Your living streams I'll delight in all Your ways, hidden by Your sheltering wings with new mercies for each day. Even in a dangerous land when storms threaten to destroy, at the cross I'll stand upon the Rock my Strength, my Hope, my Joy.

Dear Lord, show me Your favor, at all times keep me blessed, may Your face ever shine upon me, with peace and perfect rest. Amen.

-- Mary Fairchild

No comments: